May 27, 2010

MTC


We experienced yesterday what many of our family and friends have talked about for years as they have sent their sons, daughters or even moms and dads on missions...wow, it is not something that can be put into words very easily. A few that come to mind are... hard. good. bitter. sweet. happy. sad. joy. peace. exciting. brave. confident. ambassador. love. testimony. courage. faith. sweet. wonderful.
Oh how we love our missionary. What a blessing and example Sister Allyson K. Schlauder is to all of us already.






5 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

OK, now I'm crying. I know exactly how it feels. But it's all worth it. She will be awesome. I told Landry in my email this week that Ally's talk was the best talk I've ever heard! He said I should get a copy of it and send it to him! It wouldn't be the same though, she did such a great job and has such a sweet, amazing spirit. I just love her.

Dixon Family said...

What a beautiful, amazing day this was. I am so grateful my little family was able to be a part of it.
Thanks for sharing Sister Ally with us over the past 3-4 years she has been in Utah. Oh we love her!

sadie said...

i didn't even need to read it. i just looked at the pictures and the tears came. she is a champ.

susan bunker said...

i think those descriptive words are just the beginning! she is going to be so great. it will completely change her forever! i am so excited for her. hang in there mom. we love you too!

Alyssa Joy said...

wow... can't think of someone I admire more. What a daughter you raised! She's amazing!