May 2, 2010

Memory Monday 14


Last week I was in the car driving with my dad and he started to cry. He said, "I just miss your mom so much...
I hope she knows how much I love her." I know you miss her Dad, and I know how much you love her.
She knows it too.
I longed for Mom to be at the temple with us when Allyson went for the first time on Saturday. She would have been so happy. She would have given Ally a big love pat and a kiss and introduced her to everyone she knew. She would have held her hand and cried tears of joy. She loved the temple. I miss my mom. As soon as we walked in the doors of the temple, I realized that Mom was there... and she was smiling just as brightly as she did in this picture taken so long ago in front of the temple. I remember well my mother sharing her testimony of the temple and talking to each one of her grandkids telling them how beautiful and wonderful the temple is and that it is where we are sealed together forever as families. Mom was her very happiest when she and dad were serving in the temple.
I am so grateful for her beautiful example.
I am grateful for how Mom loved us and for all that she taught us.
I found a talk that Mom had written on little note cards. She closed it with these words...
"My love and gratitude for my sweet husband and our family is so real and strong.
I thank my Heavenly Father each day for his blessings. May we all remember, happiness is homemade.
May God's love and His joy be with each of you in your homes I pray..."

1 comment:

susan bunker said...

I just love your memory mondays! I am so impressed you are doing so well with it all! Your mother was an angel!