May 24, 2010

Sunday Farewell

Allyson gave a wonderful talk yesterday at church.
She is definitely mature, prepared, wise and very ready to go and serve.
She had us all laughing one minute and crying the next.
It was amazing to have all of our daughters there... that hasn't happened in a very long time.
Taylor sang a solo in front of the several hundred people that were there. It was so beautiful and tender and sweet. Right before she went up to sing I asked her if she was alright and she said, "NO, I think I'm going to turn around and go right out the door!" Taylor was so nervous, but she went up to the stand and stood there and sang like an angel. I really don't think there was a dry eye in the room. Allyn also spoke and Papa Jack sang in the choir... Allyn's words were inspired and so heartfelt and the choir sounded more beautiful than I have ever heard before...
I really think angels were singing with them too.
It was a day I will always cherish and never forget.





2 comments:

suzanne said...

it's so funny the difference between the sisters' farewell talks and the elders'... she will be an amazing missionary, she is already a great teacher. i loved when she said, "so, to review..." :)

taylor did such a great job, she is brave! and that hugging picture is darling... i especially love little levi.

susan bunker said...

allyson looks like a beautiful missionary! all she is missing is her name tag! I secretly really wish she was coming to california. we would LOVE to have her here with us!!!