October 25, 2010

MM38


I'm having a hard time picking just one or two pictures for Memory Monday these days. So many memories...
Some Mondays I get pretty sad looking at some of the old pictures, wishing I had done things
better or more or differently... Wishing I knew then what I know now.

I can really relate to this quote by author Anna Quindlen...

“The biggest mistake I made as a parent is the one that most of us make. … I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of my three children sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less".


Oh, I wish... but, today I am going to choose to be happy and very grateful that we have so many wonderful memories. I cherish each sweet memory. I am grateful that my dad taught me to love taking pictures and capturing memories. Dad's love of photography is continuing through the generations.

I am grateful that I can look back and honestly say that I did the best I knew how to do at the time.

I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

I love my daughters. I miss my LeeLee. I wish I saw her more. I miss Amber. I wish she had chosen a different path. I pray that she will remember. I wish... I wish... I wish...

Everyday I pray that they will each one know how much their mom loves them and that no matter how old they get, they are still my little girls.

Jennie, Amber and Leah in 1985

Amber and Aunt Lisa... and Leah a few years later...

Amber in the first princess costume I ever made...

Tyler, Amy and Brad... Leah and Amy... Brad and Leah

(and can you believe that the clown costume is still hanging around in the basement?!)

Amber and her best friend, Kristin...those two were inseperable.

Amy and Ally...so cute!


Sweet, sweet memories...

2 comments:

Dixon Family said...

Oh...I love these!!! We all do the best we can with what we know when we know it. Your girls KNOW how much you love them!!! Thank you for all your love and for your example of goodness!
I love you...
Lisa

JENNIE! said...

I love you mom, I can't think of a thing you could have done or could do to be a better mom than you are. You are my hero! Love you!