October 31, 2008

Just Call Me Clutz!


yes, just call me clutz. last month it was my foot, and now i've broken my arm!!! we were supposed to feed the missionaries thurs. night, and i was busy hurrying (like always) and kaden had left his video game on upstairs (he was gone to football practice)...the stupid song playing over and over was driving me crazy and so i ran upstairs to turn it off...while running back downstairs to put the rolls in the oven, i slipped on the stairs and came crashing down onto the slate tile with my arm trying very unsuccessfully to brace my fall...instead i broke both bones in my arm! i even heard them crack! it was awful and the most pain i have ever been in!!! worse than having five babies!!!! tomorrow morning i have to have surgery to put a plate and screws in my shattered arm bones. yuck. at least it is my left arm. and on the bright side, i don't have to do dishes for a while! i think this is my lesson to quit rushing so much and just slow down...

here are happier pictures of some of the cute kiddos this halloween night...


last weekend my sister lisa came in town to celebrate jena and justin's wedding at a reception here. we had a great time...




here is a big shout out to my sunday school kids, connor and ashley (and russell too) for coming to visit and bring me the cutest homemade card ever and these beautiful flowers...you guys made my day. i am the luckiest to get to be your teacher. and thank you to my sweet neighbors and friends for all of your love and concern, dinner, visits and goodies! you're the greatest...

5 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

what a big bummer! I can't imagine hearing it crack... yuck! I'm so sorry you have to have surgery too! I will be gone all weekend so i will not be any help... I will call you when I get home.

Take full advantage of your injury and get some needed rest! You do need to slow down.

Love ya!

suzanne said...

oh no! i'm so sorry to hear about that.... i hope the surgery went well. and, i will paint your cast if it makes you feel better. :)

susan bunker said...

how did you type this? i hope the surgery will make it heal faster...fingers crossed!!! we love you!

Rohan Shearer said...

Hope your arm gets better! We'll be thinking about you.

Kathy's Boys said...

I've been gone and just read about it. I hope you are feeling better. If you need any help, or a driver for Kaden, we'd love to pick him up for Scouts or anything. Please call. Love ya