October 19, 2008

Special Sunday

Stake Conference was wonderful today. I am so grateful for the messages that were given. I felt like they were given especially for me and exactly what I needed to hear. It was such a privilege to have Elder Spencer V. Jones stay with us. He is an amazing man who loves serving the Lord. I have to admit that I was very nervous and wanted everything to be perfect for his stay with us. I about drove everyone crazy trying to get ready...but now that everything is over and Elder Jones slept well, and there were no cooking disasters, and he is off to catch his plane back to Salt Lake, I am relieved and happy. My favorite part of the day was when we knelt in family prayer with Elder Gibson and Elder Jones. The tears flowed as Elder Jones offered a beautiful prayer and blessing for our family.

Elder Jones really enjoyed talking to
Amy and Allyson and all of the kids...

Here is Allyn telling Elder Jones and Elder Gibson that I take way too many pictures!


5 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

What a blessing to have them in your home! A special perk that goes along with that huge calling! I enjoyed all the sessions too. I especially loved the talks today. I went with John to the missionary meeting this morning and it was awesome! What a special spirit they brought.

susan bunker said...

Conference WAS GREAT! And YOU are definitely the best hostess EVER, so next year, try not to worry so much, K? ha,ha! I so glad you snapped a few pictures!

suzanne said...

i'm sure everything was perfect... my husband calls me the paparazzi.

email and phone numbers said...

...and I thought I was the only one who ran around "getting things ready" for company & "making the family crazy"!!! I'm sure everything was more than perfect!

So glad you got to have that experience with those sweet men & the spirit they bring with them.

House of Joy said...

Conference was wonderful. Your family is amazing. We are so grateful for all of you.