March 12, 2008

Hot Water!

Today is an "I am so grateful day..." I have never been so thankful for HOT WATER!!!

Our hot water heater went out Sunday morning. I didn't know this until I went to take a shower and get ready for church! Well, there was no choice but to take a very, very cold shower. My throat still hurts from gasping for air and trying to catch my breath. Ohhh it was cold... I know, I'm a wimp! Monday the repairman came, but couldn't do anything until some repair work on the step and the wall around the water heater was fixed because the leaking water(that had gone un-detected) had done some real damage. Stacy stopped everything he was doing and came right over and went to work. Stacy and Allyn were busy working until midnight. He is such an awesome neighbor and friend. They got it all ready for the water heater guy, but that guy couldn't come back until today! So, we have used some very creative water heating methods (using every pan in the kitchen) for laundry and dishes... and walked over to Stacy and Teresa's for showers! Four days without hot water is too long. I have been reminded how spoiled we are and I will never take hot water for granted again!
Ahhhh, I am going to take a very hot shower...
Ally's friends came over to enjoy the spa, since that was the only water that could get hot...


No comments: