March 15, 2008

32 years...

Thirty two years ago today Allyn and I were married in the
Salt Lake Temple...
Happy Anniversary Sweetheart...
Our first date was 35 years ago today... We met while dragging Fremont Street. (Yes, you used to be able to do that... remember we're old!) Well, we actually met in Macayo's parking lot a couple of weeks later after a LVHS basketball game. Rod Leavitt introduced us. Rod was helping me with my math and one day he showed Allyn a picture of the girl he was seeing. Allyn said, "That's her, that's the girl I saw on Fremont Street!" He talked Rod into introducing us... and the rest is history or eternity however you want to look at it.
When we first started dating (I was 16 and he was 18), Allyn wanted to be a dealer on the strip and get married at about thirty and have one child, a son. Well, things turned out quite a bit differently... and I am so grateful.

Here are just a few of the reasons that I love him:
1. He seldom if ever gets mad and never ever yells.
2. He's always a big help. Sometimes I have to kick him out of the kitchen and tell him he doesn't have to do the dishes. Crazy, I know... I do realize that this is not normal.
3. He brings me flowers for no reason at all.
4. He defines the word "integrity".
5. He is witty and very funny and can always make me laugh.
6. He loves to serve and does every day.
7. He tells me he loves me at least once a day and puts up with me even when I'm being grumpy.
8. He would do anything for us and does.
9. He loves the Lord and is completely obedient.
10. I could go on and on... I love you Allyn David, Happy Anniversary

We went to see KA at the MGM Saturday night to celebrate...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot about Jennie being pregnant!! She's so cute. And so fun that you guys got to go see KA. Happy belated anniversary. xoxo.
Amy

Allison Barnes said...

Congrats!! Thirty two years is a long time! What great examples you are.

Good thing Allyn didn't turn out to be a dealer on the strip. We'd be missing out on a great stake president!

Allison

susan bunker said...

What a sweet, sweet post. You two could be poster children for the perfect couple! Congratulations!

suzanne said...

you two are so beautiful. you haven't changed a bit!

suzanne said...

you two are so beautiful. you haven't changed a bit in 32 years.