May 31, 2011

Memorial Day BBQ

Ric and Mary are such wonderful hosts. We enjoyed a delicious BBQ/Birthday Party/Memorial Day Celebration at their beautiful home. No one cooks like Aunt Mary...and no one BBQ's like Uncle Ric.
I'm sure I gained 5lbs. last night. And it was worth every ounce!

Getting all of Ric and Mary's kids together at the same time for a picture is quite a feat.
I'm happy to have proof that we did it!

It was great to get to see Mayce, Ethan and baby Trey. That boy is so cute and sooo good.
One more year of law school for Ethan...wooohooo!

Proud Grandpas...



Piper loves her Grandma...

Levi and Piper were best friends all evening...even if Levi called Piper "Pipes" and "Poop."
He just couldn't seem to get her name right. She still loved him anyway. It must be those curls.



I am so proud of of our families three Navy men...
I can still remember when Ric came home from Vietnam and came in uniform to John S.Park to speak to my 6th grade class. That was one of the coolest days ever. I was so proud of my big brothers.
I remember praying for Ric and Ron every night for years as they served our country.
I am humbled and grateful for all of the brave men and women who sacrifice and risk their very lives for the cause of freedom...for our freedom.
Here is a letter that we found in Mom's journal that Ric had written to her in 1967 while on a ship just off of the coast of Vietnam. It's amazing. I cry every time I read it.
(Click on them and they will go bigger so you can read it better...)


No comments: