July 9, 2010

Howdy Ya'll

Sister Allyson Schlauder is doing great! She is happy and working hard. We all look forward to Mondays because that is the day we get her email for the week. Every email she has sent inspires us... and also makes us laugh and brings us to tears. She is a very wise, cute, adorable, tender, good, funny, wonderful 21 year old.
We love you Ally!


Ally and her companion, Sister Davis from Rigby, Idaho... And this is Richard who plans to be baptized in Oct.

Ally said, "We did some service at the temple the other day and after pulling weeds for a couple hours, I got 16 mosquito bites on my left foot and 2 fire ant bites, which are awful. It was pretty wild. I will be wearing knee socks and pants with my tennis shoes this week when we go. We went to a less active member's home, Bonnie, who rubbed hydrogen peroxide all over my bug bites with her granny hands... it was good at first, but it stung so bad during the whole lesson. I think steam was coming out of my ears..
It is pretty funny to think about how painful it really was. ha ha."

It's a good thing that Ally loves the rain so much...It has been pouring in Houston.


Ally, "a picture I like to call 'a few of my favorite things'--rain(umbrellas), Book of Mormon, and ice cream.
It was a great moment."

Allyson is a wonderful missionary and has such an amazing testimony. We are so grateful for her...
here is a little excerpt from her email this week...

"I know that Christ's sacrifice for us goes so much more beyond just our sins, but it has covered all of our pains, sorrows, weaknesses, and infirmities, and we do not have to fear or suffer if we turn to Jesus Christ. And that is why I am here. To show, those who will listen, the way back to our Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is through faith in the Lord and his atonement, repentance, baptism by proper authority, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end by keeping the commandments and living worthy of God's help for us in our lives. I love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints because I know it provides every willing person all of the tools necessary to allow the Savior's atonement to have personal meaning, significance, and power in our lives."

1 comment:

joellen said...

I love reading Ally's updates ... I know she's an amazing missionary and she will bless the lives of all those she meets in Texas!