July 18, 2010

Carole King and James Taylor



We splurged last night and decided to celebrate Allyn's birthday a little early and go to a concert at the MGM. I had been wanting to buy tickets and go to this concert for a long time, but we decided that it was too much to try to fit in right now. Allyn knew how much I wanted to go, so on Friday he said, "let's go!" I couldn't believe the great tickets we were able to get and I can't even begin to express how much we enjoyed hearing Carole King and James Taylor. Oh, the memories! They were so fabulous and I found myself tearing up when some of my very favorite oldies were played. We loved every second of that concert...it was a once in a lifetime experience to get to hear these amazing music legends. The crowd was just our style too...in their 40's and 50's and
lovin' every song as much as we did. It was the best date night we've had in years.


2 comments:

susan bunker said...

i would have loved that concert! they are two of my favorites! i'm so glad you took some time for a great date!

Unknown said...

You were there? We were there too, for my late birthday! Wasn't it so amazing! It was so much better than I even expected! Too bad I didn't see you in the throngs of senior citizens Ü.

Gloria