April 20, 2010

Wow, What A Concert...


Yesterday afternoon Amy called and said that her friend, who works special events in Vegas, had some extra tickets to a Brooks and Dunn concert at the MGM and would we like to go... well, I love country music and so of course I said YES! I called Allyn and he thought it would be great to go... & I got a hold of our friends Brad and Kathy to see if they would like to come, and they were able to work everything out and meet us there too.
We had no idea until the concert started that it was a tribute to
Brooks and Dunn and it was being televised to air on CBS later in May.
I've never seen in person that many country stars in my life!
Here's the stars that I can remember who performed...I still can't believe it!
Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Faith Hill, George Strait, Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebelem, Reba McEntire,
Kenny Chesney, Jennifer Hudson, Miranda Lambert, Darius Rucker, Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, , Kevin Aldean, Brad Paisley, and Tim McGraw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you kidding me?! Needless to say... WE HAD A BLAST!!
I'm so glad Brad and Kathy could come...wonderful friends, great music, & an amazing concert... love it!
My pictures aren't very good...but I was just happy to get some from the big screen that was just off to the side.







We were on the edge of our seats the whole night wondering who would come out next... one of the highlights was when Jennifer Hudson sang Brooks and Dunn's "Believe." It was amazing...
she got a standing ovation from everyone in the arena!
I loved Faith, Tim, Carrie, George, Lady Antebelem, Taylor, Sugarland, Kenny... I loved 'em all!!!
I'm so glad we got to go! Thanks for calling us Amy, and tell Naomi Thank You Thank You Thank You!!

4 comments:

suzanne said...

i am SO jealous... what a great line up!

Kathy's Boys said...

Thank you again Linda! I keep telling my boys about it and they are all jealous! I haven't been to a concert without one of them or WITH Brad for so long. Brad enjoyed it too I think. Country music is growing on him. Now we need to work on going to Hawaii again!

Grama Linda said...

It was so much fun. And I agree... we need to go to Hawaii again...soon!

Jena said...

Oh. my. goodness. I'm so jealous!!! I was trying to win tickets to the Brooks and Dunn concert last week on the radio, but you got to see sooooooooo many stars. How awesome!