April 12, 2010

MM11

We just got home from a fabulous weekend...I have lots of fun pictures to post about that tomorrow, but tonight I'm glad it's not too late for Memory Monday 10...

I had to smile when I found this old picture of Allyn, Amber and Jennie. These were the first dresses I ever made them. I read the pattern about 50 times before I took on step #1. It took me forever to put in the sleeves and I was happy and relieved that there were no buttons or zippers to put in! I was so proud of the ruffly pink dress for Jennie and the blue one for Amber. I have often wondered if I could calculate the miles my old Bernina 830 has traveled in stitches how far that would be. It still works just fine and I can't even count all the dresses that machine has sewn. I'm so grateful for my sweet mom, who believed that I could learn to sew,
and bought me that machine about thirty years ago. They just don't make 'em like that any more.

These are the latest dresses sewn on that old machine...
Taylor and Kate looked so pretty in their pink Easter Dresses.

No comments: