April 23, 2010

Take You Child to Work Day

Wednesday night...

Kaden: "Can I go to work with Grampa tomorrow?"

Me: "Oh honey, Grampa is so busy and he just got back from a trip and he's really tired, and I don't think you would like to go to work with Grampa all day, you'd probably be pretty bored...etc. etc. etc...."

Kaden: "Can I just ask him when he gets home?"

Me: "You can ask him, but you'd better just plan on going to school because I know Grampa will say no...he just has way too much to do."

Kaden: "Yea!, Grampa you're home! I'm so glad you're here, I missed you!!! Hug, hug... Hey Grampa, kids are supposed to get to go to work tomorrow and I really want to go to work with you...can I?

Allyn: "Sure Kaden, that sounds great, I'd love for you to come to work with me!"

Me: ...(thinking, I should have known Allyn would say yes...) "OK ... plan to get up early and spend the day with Grampa..."

Kaden: "It's going to be like Christmas!"

Well, those two had a blast yesterday at Source 4 Industries. Kaden could hardly believe that Grampa was really the "boss." They ran errands, bought a new phone, went to lunch, worked in the warehouse, helped customers, climbed a huge ladder, counted inventory, & even did a little homework. Kaden can't wait to be old enough to work for Grampa. He's already planning on taking over the business someday and becoming the "boss." I'm so glad that the answer was yes, and that those two got to spend the day together. I don't think Kaden will ever forget it.

2 comments:

Mayce and Ethan said...

Oh so cute! Uncle Al is a great guy, Kaden is lucky to have him for a grandpa!

Ally Kay said...

That's so cool! Kaden is awesome. I remember when Dad took me to his work and we rode the big ware house fork lift looking thing up and down. I thought it was so great. I have the coolest Dad in the world.