March 19, 2012

MM 108 Leah's BFF Julie

Lots of happy, wonderful things to write about (Like Ally and Steve's beautiful wedding)...
but first, for this Memory Monday I wanted to write about Julie one of Leah's dearest friends growing up. They were such close friends and shared many great times & memories. 
Saturday was Julie's 31st birthday. She and her husband and little boy live near Seattle, Washington. Her husband, Sheldon took their 2 1/2 year old son Jace, out on the lake that is literally in their backyard for a canoe ride to give Julie a little break. Sheldon and Jace never came back. About 2 hours later rescuers found Jace's body floating, but they have not found Julie's husband yet. My heart is breaking for this sweet family. Please keep Julie Galler Olsen in your prayers. I know that Leah is sending love to Julie from heaven... 
If you would like to help their wonderful family here is a link.

Julie, Jace and Sheldon

4 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

how sad! I hope they find him!

suzanne said...

oh. my. gosh!! i KNOW julie!! my brother dated her sister, heather, all through high school! this is devastating.... my heart is broken for her.

defining amy said...

If anyone is able to make donations for funeral arrangements, visit the blog set up in Jace and Sheldon's honor.

http://jaceandsheldon.blogspot.com/

Erin Camp said...

This broke my heart! I've known Julie since middle school. I hope they have answers soon!