February 13, 2012

MM103 ...Balloon's for Leah

  Leah always loved balloons. 

Last week I received a package of balloons and a note from my dear friend Abby. She said that after her husband died, she took their children to his graveside and they all wrote notes on some balloons and then let them go. 
Her little, then three year old, didn't want to let her balloon go, but after some coaxing she released it. 
Then she proudly exclaimed, "Mommy, he catched it!" 
So on Saturday for Leah's birthday we gathered as a family at the cemetery and sat by her graveside and wrote love notes to LeeLee. We cried, shared some memories, and then we talked about what we want to do this year to honor her. Some of the things we shared were to..."Be more loving and give with a tender heart." "Not to judge anyone, just love and accept them." "Do a little better everyday." "Help someone who is struggling or sad." "Be grateful." 
"Be there for her kids and shower them with love." 
We all knelt and had a special family prayer.
We tied the love notes to the balloons and let them go...
As we watched them lift higher into the sky, Allyn said, "Look where they are headed. They are going straight toward the temple." That little tender moment brought a warmth and comforting peace to all of us. I am so grateful that we believe in the sealing power of God. His promises are sure. We can be together forever. 
I know we can be. I know we will be.
I pray that Leah knows how much we all love and miss her...I hope she "catched it" too.

5 comments:

Jena said...

Ohhhh, what an amazing event for Leah. I know she feels all the love for her floating up to her in Heaven!

suzanne said...

that's beautiful, linda. what a sweet experience. i have found that the cemetery is one of my favorite places... i never thought that would be the case. it is sacred ground.

Allison Barnes said...

what a perfect thing to do! I am sure she catched them!

Unknown said...

So sweet!

Brett, Azurdee, and Our Two Miracles said...

What a wonderful idea. I'm so glad you were able to do that!