February 17, 2012

fast passing days

I love this picture...I love them.
It was taken last November, the day that Ally gave her homecoming talk in church about her mission.
When I saw it on my desktop this morning...I thought, "How can it already be the middle of February? It seems as though it should just be a couple of weeks after this pic was taken, not three months later!!" Looking at this picture and remembering that day makes me wish we could magically go back in time, and make the things that happened only a few weeks after that day, not happen. 
But, we can't go back... the days keep flying by and life keeps going on.  
Well, I'm deciding again today to make each one of those ridiculously fast passing days, good ones. Filled with happiness and love. And when the days are sometimes filled with disappointments and sadness, work hard to be grateful for the things I've learned, people I love and just..."keep swimming."

No comments: