February 7, 2011

MM53


Mary Kay and me~ cousins and best friends...
I am so lucky that Mary Kay is my cousin. We have enjoyed a special friendship all of our lives. We played as little kids together, we went to school together (go LVHS). We raised our kids together, and have laughed, cried, celebrated and lived life together. She is amazing and I love her so much.
Mary Kay had to have emergency surgery 2 weeks before her son Stephen and his new bride Cherie got married...oh my goodness, she was so worried and stressed. And it was such a sweet treat to be able to come together as family and help her with the wedding dinner. Mary called up Michelle and I, and soon the whole event was planned. I think the only way Mary Kay would have allowed us (and many others) to help is if she was laid up in bed and couldn't move! And since that is exactly what happened, we were able to step in and pull together as family. It turned out beautiful, the food was delicious, & the music fabulous... it was a wonderful memory we will all cherish.
Families are forever.




We were so grateful that Mary Kay felt well enough to be able to sing...she was amazing!








Congratulations Stephen and Cherie!

And just for Memory Monday...Stephen and Allyson when they were about 2 1/2



Mary Kay gave us such a treasured gift, a copy of our Grandma June Huntington's journal and a beautiful picture of her as a young woman. They are priceless.
With them she wrote a beautiful thank you card that said, "...We have a common bond with a posterity to be proud of. We have a beautiful grandma who we were not privileged to know as well on earth as we would have liked. We know, however, through others, that she was a beautiful woman inside and out. A woman who was loved by all. I know that Grandma June is smiling down on us this day. She is absolutely thrilled to see cousins coming together on this special occasion. Cousins represented from each of her children's families...helping, lifting, and loving. I am so proud that you are my family. That we are part of each other. I love you more than I can say..."

Grandma June's first entry in her journal says,
June 1920 " Married the finest boy in the world. Tis true we are just kids but we will have a chance to grow up together. Cliff's father and mother, Essie and Lavon, went through the Salt Lake Temple with us. It was all very beautiful. Had a nice trip to Toole, our new home, where Annice had a nice wedding dinner ready for us."

Here are a couple of pictures of Grandma June as I remember her when I was a little girl. I remember going to the Children's Shop to visit her and grandpa and try on pretty dresses. I remember her hugs and kisses and sitting on her lap. And I remember her spotless home and her big bed with the soft pink blanket. Grandma June died from cancer when I was just 5.
I always knew that she loved each one of us... and loves us still.
I really look forward to that reunion some day.

All the cousins...

1 comment:

the heiner family said...

LOVE this post! I really thought the top pic was of Leah and Melissa until I read on! Everyone looks so great! how is Stephen old enough to be married? In my head he is still 2 1/2!