June 5, 2009

Pink Day!


June 5th will forever more be known as Pink Day... Today is my mom's birthday. And since pink was above and beyond her very favorite color, Jennie has declared today PINK DAY in honor of Grami. What a great idea...We have had pink smoothies and the kids are making pink cupcakes. Lisa is planting a pink rose bush and Kate is wearing a beautiful pink dress. When she put it on Kate said, "Grami would just love it!" My brother Scott is wearing a pink shirt and dedicating his gig tonight to Mom. Allyn is wearing his pink shirt and Dad is going to wear his pink tie when we take him to dinner tonight.
I will forever think of Mom whenever I see anything beautiful and pink.
Oh, I miss her.


Dad wanted to treat us to Lawrys tonight because it was where we went with Mom just last year and it was her favorite... so a new tradition along with Pink Day, it's Lawrys Prime Rib for dinner. Next year Steve, Scott and Lisa are all going to try to be here too. I love family traditions even if they are brand new ones...

2 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

what a great idea and a nice tradition to start up. How are the world travelers? I'm sure they are having a blast!

Brett, Azurdee, and Our Two Miracles said...

What a wonderful idea! It's been awhile since I've checked out your blog! You guys have been super busy. I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy yourselves. We love you guys!