March 26, 2009

Wow What A Week!

"Monday, Monday"...
It all began with packing my parents things all day from a home that they have lived in for over 60 years. That's right I said over 60 years! It was sweet to see them reminisce over every little thing...(my dad even turned the pool that he built when I was 2, into an underground garden... but that is a long story for another day). So many wonderful memories, love and living were built into that home right along with each brick and flagstone tile. All six of us kids were raised in that home. It will always be a very special place. When it was time to leave we took a couple of last pics in a place that I remember taking hundreds of pictures...




Ric and Ron with Dad way back in the day!









Scott and Steve seeing me for the first time..


Mom, Lisa and me...................... Ric, Ron, Scott and Steve..................... Mom, Me and Amber & Lisa



One Sunday afternoon visiting Grami and Grampa with four of our girls...


It is so great to have Brad home from his mission! We put him to work all day!!!! Mom and Dad moved into a beautiful home (thanks to our dear friends) just a few blocks from us. I've already been there a couple of times today and it is wonderful having them so close... although the first night Mom wanted Dad to
"TAKE ME HOME!!!" ... after 60 years it is going to take some getting used to.

All of this happened before five pm...the rest of Monday is to be continued....

2 comments:

Janae' said...

Aaahh. I loved all the photos. They are so lucky to have you guys to take care of them.

I will say this though. There is never a dull moment for you!

Allison Barnes said...

That will be so nice to have them close. It must have been so hard for them to leave their home! Those are some fun pictures you posted! Lots of memories in our homes!!