November 2, 2012

1 year ago today

 One year ago today, we were in Houston Texas. It was one of the happiest days in my whole life...seeing our daughter after 18 months of serving a mission. We met such wonderful people there and made memories I will always cherish. Ally sent us a text today that said, "Mom and Dad, today a year ago marks one of the best days of my life. Coming in a close 2nd to my wedding day. Today a year ago, you both flew to Texas to pick me up from my mission. I'll never forget the feeling of running through the living room of the mission presidents house to hug you. And the next several days were amazing... Maybe to prepare us for some of the worst days that would be just a few weeks later... I just wanted to thank you both so much for all of your support and love... I love you Wonder Woman and Superman." 
Ahhhh such wonderful sweet feelings rush to my heart just thinking about those sweet, remarkable days. I do think that God blessed us with such great, happy days, in part to prepare us for what was to come.
I'm starting to panic a little bit thinking about Thanksgiving and knowing that last Thanksgiving was the last day we saw our Leah. I can hardly believe that the year anniversary of losing our daughter in this life is November 29th. 
I am grateful to know, in a very real way, that families are forever and that one coming day we will be running through heaven to see her again.

No comments: