April 9, 2012

Memory Monday 111

 Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Hazel Huntington, me holding Amy, Kristy, Leah, Amber and Jennie

Yesterday as I cut some roses for our Easter table, I thought of my Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Hazel Huntington. Their yard always had the most beautiful roses. They lived in St. George right down the street from the temple for as many years as I can remember. We loved going to their house and we all felt more love there than you can imagine. Fresh cut roses always seemed to be in a beautiful vase on the table. They would always feed us, and even if we were not hungry at all...we always ate. I can still taste the fresh cut up peaches with honey and half & half poured over them. Yum!  And they always had candy in the candy jars too. They were the most wonderful, righteous, loving grandparents any girl could ever dream of. 
Yesterday, I thought of them, along with many others, running to greet Leah, kiss her cheeks, help to heal her broken heart, and shower her with love.
Easter was a beautiful day...and this year perhaps more than any other, the messages went straight to my heart.
It was an emotional day, but truly one filled with peace, hope and assurances that we'll be together again.
I am so grateful for my Savior and His perfect love.

No comments: