January 30, 2010

friends...wonderful friends


Last night was our annual friends get together. Anita treated us to a fabulous dinner at her beautiful home. It was so good! But the very best part, was visiting for five hours (yep, five hours!) with these dear friends. Since we have been friends for about 30 years we can always find plenty to talk about! Valerie, Anita, Devra, Candy and Laurie, you guys are the best. (we sure missed those of you that couldn't come...next year, ok?)
As we sat, visited, and reminisced we talked about how we were when we were these young moms raising beautiful kids... not having any idea what we would face in the next thirty years. not.any.idea. And if we did have any idea what we would have to face, we never would have thought that we could do it. But, life has a way of going on... and we did do things and experience things that were hard, heartbreaking, and almost more than we could handle at times. Each one of us has had our own trials and burdens to carry. I'm certain that trials will come to everyone at some time in our lives... it's in the getting through them and the growing that we really learn who we are. I am grateful for the lessons I have learned and continue to learn everyday. I am grateful for so many good things.
I am so blessed. I am grateful for what I believe and know to be true.
I am grateful for angel friends who bless my life and remind me that I am not alone.

No comments: