December 8, 2009

NFR


The National Finals Rodeo is in town for the 25th year and for the first time Allyn and I got to go last night... It was a blast! Thank you to our good friends, the Dunns, for inviting us. I have never seen so many cowboys in my life (and I have never smelled the T&M quite like that before...lots of animals). I thought the Rebels pre-game fireworks were cool... they are not much compared to the opening of the NFR!!!! Wow! I also don't think you will find a more patriotic group of fans anywhere. When Lee Greenwood sang I'm Proud to be an American and all 18,000 fans were singing and waving flags I got goose bumps all over. It was way cool. From the first cowboy out of the shoot you'd better not blink or you would miss something. It was really awesome. I loved it!! I am a new fan and have a new found appreciation for cowboys and how they make a living...I am surprised that their bodies can take that much abuse.
If you can't tell already, we really had fun last night.


My very own cowboy... and I got to take this one home!



4 comments:

kathie said...

Rachel& Dustin gave Ron tickets for his Birthday. It was an amazing night, I was proud to be an American. Goosebumps during the song, with all the flags waving. You are right...I've never seen so many cowboys in one place, it was great, I'm already looking for tickets for next year!!

Allison Barnes said...

sounds like fun!! Glad you had a good time.

That picture of Levi in your other post is SO CUTE!!! I think we need to set he and Afton up in a few years!!

Kathy's Boys said...

I loved watching Lee Greenwood sing. I wasn't even there and I got goosebumps! We are going on Saturday night and it should be great. I wish he was singing that everynight. I wonder who will be singing it on sat?

susan bunker said...

I am totally jealous right now! There is no other rodeo quite like the NFR! Glad you got to go!