December 14, 2009

Christmastime Dream...



Since we have had kids living in Utah for the last few years, it has always been my sweet husband's dream to go to Utah at Christmastime and see the lights on Temple Square, go to see the play The Christmas Carol at the
Hale Theater, be with our Utah girls and have it snow while we're there...It has just never worked because usually I am just way too busy getting the shopping, decorating and baking done to take the time for a trip to Utah...well, finally last weekend his dream came true! It was wonderful!!! We had such a fabulous time and we both decided that it was our Christmas gift to each other this year...making memories=priceless. (I know corny, but so true!!) We got there Friday just in time for dinner with Amy and Allyson and then the play. It was great... great music, great actors, great intimate little theater. We stayed at Amy's cute condo and then Saturday we visited Aunt Lisa, went shopping, drove to SLC and ate at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building over looking Temple Square, walked around looking at the millions of beautiful lights everywhere, & took a horse drawn carriage ride while singing Christmas carols. Yes, Allyn and I had a smile from ear to ear...It was pretty much the perfect day. Oh, and yes, it snowed...lots! This is a memory we will cherish for a very long time...


Amy and Ally with their dad and with Mr. Scrooge...

5 comments:

JENNIE! said...

so sad i missed it... next year!

JENNIE! said...

so sad i missed it... next year!

Grama Linda said...

I am counting on it Jen! It would have really been perfect if all of you guys were there...

Heidi said...

You probably won't remember this, but about 19-20 years ago, my family was up there--probably for Thanksgiving--and your family was there too. I think we had Thanksgiving dinner together at James' and Lisa's church building. We visited Temple Square and saw the lights come on and then went to dinner over at Crossroads. I remember how kind you and Al were to me. It is one of my favorite Christmas memories. --Andrew

Grama Linda said...

It's one of our favorite memories too. I remember all of us eating at Lisa and James' church cultural hall because there were so many of us. I remember playing games and laughing and eating a lot! I remember Barry teasing all of the girls and Adam was just a baby. Good times...
I think that it was the last time we saw the lights at Temple Square until now. It's hard to believe how quickly the time has passed and that you've now been married for a long time with a beautiful family of your own...It has been said that we do not remember days, we remember moments...that Thanksgiving was certainly one of them. --Love to you and your family.