December 17, 2009

5th Annual Grandkids Sleepover


I love this tradition each Christmas...I love these cute kids! Tuesday we had our 5th annual Grandkids Sleepover. The kids didn't have school Wed. because of parent teacher conferences so it was a perfect time for a party!
Here are a few of the highlights:
Pizza & Root Beer
Barnes Family Train Party (They were so good to let us come and bring the kids to see their amazingly cool train...my dad even came with us)
Singing Christmas Carols while Grampa Al drove us around to see all the beautiful Christmas lights
Salt Dough Ornaments...the kids shaped them, baked them and painted them
Miracle on 34th Street (The big kids and I opted out and watched So You Think You Can Dance instead!)
Ice cream to their hearts content with any toppings they wanted
Traditional presents...snow globes for the girls and nut crackers for the boys
Pancakes, bacon, cinnamon rolls, hot chocolate etc.
Gingerbread Houses
Hand Print Christmas Trees
Rudolf Ornaments
Princess and the Frog movie. It was really cute.

The kids were all great. It makes me happy how much they look forward to this every year. Even though I get completely wiped out...it is a wonderful memory, and one I look forward to almost as much as they do.










2 comments:

kristenita said...

Do you want to be MY grandma??? How awesome, sounds like an amazing time, I'd be looking forward to it all year, too!

suzanne said...

what a fun tradition, you guys are so great!