August 3, 2009

Road Trip

My dad and I took a road trip to Utah to meet his newest Great Grandson Kalvin and to visit Lisa and James and the boys. We had a great time and I felt so lucky to be able to spend so much time with Dad.
We stopped first to see our dear friends Aunt LaRae and Uncle Fred. (I have always called them that) They have been special and dear to me my whole life and I love them so much. We may not be related by blood, but we are family! While growing up I spent every summer with them, their daughter Kaye (who I've always thought of as my big sister) and their three boys. We went on camping trips and lake trips and have many wonderful memories that fill my heart with joy and love. Ficklin family...You are the greatest and we love you! Aunt LaRae spoiled us with a fabulous dinner complete with homemade ice cream and fresh strawberry shortcake and then delicious blueberry pancakes for breakfast...Yum! We were treated like royalty!! It was wonderful to see them and spend a little time catching up and visiting.


We stopped off to see Ally who was busy working for Uncle James. She looked so beautiful and it was great to see her. Dad can hardly believe that she will be 21 in a couple of weeks...neither can I!


Then it was off to meet Kalvin. He is absolutely adorable and so darn cute. When Kelly handed him to Great Grampa...my dad just cried and cried. It was so sweet.



There is nothing quite as wonderful as babies...We love you Kalvin!

On Saturday, Brett and Azurdee were traveling through Utah and they stopped at Aunt Lisa's so we could see Bristol. It was wonderful to see them! We love you guys...
Bristol is doing so well and growing, laughing, rolling over and definitely loved to pieces!!! And when Janika calls me Grama Linda, I just melt...I am so grateful we got to see them... Thank You Thank You!



When Great Grampa held Bristol he cried again...Bristol just smiled...





We had a great weekend with family...(Thank you Lisa and James)
Dad just wants to know when we can take another road trip... he is ready to go again!

3 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

Looks like a great trip! I am so glad you were able to take your dad up to see his new great grandchild! what a special treat to get to see Bristol... that brought tears to my eyes. he is so adorable and looks very loved!

Kathy's Boys said...

I can't even imagine how much Bristol is loved by both of his families. You are such a good daughter.

Brett, Azurdee, and Our Two Miracles said...

Love the pics! Bristol and I are looking at them right now while he tries to eat my fingers! It was great seeing you guys! Looks like a fun weekend!