August 13, 2009

Domesticated Divas Sewing & Craft Camp



About a week ago Jennie said, "Hey Mom, I think we should do a sewing camp for girls..."

We both got a little carried away with ideas and plans (not unusual for us) and by the end of the day Jennie had sent out an email to a few of her friends...
within a couple of hours we had 10 girls coming and a few more on a waiting list.
Yikes!!! (I wasn't even sure we could fill the class!)
We held the Domesticated Divas Sewing & Craft Camp for three days this week and we all had a fabulous time.
The girls were wonderful and we kept them very busy...very, very busy (we took on a little too much) ...
by the end of the three day camp the girls completed:
1) a darling apron 2) custom designed headband 3) personalized tote 4) adorable 6 piece skirt
5) a custom "Anthropologized" shirt to match their skirt!
Today the parents were invited to a very "Diva" fashion show so the girls could debut all the cute stuff they designed and made... WHEEEWWWW!!!
Jennie and I are just a wee bit tired, but we loved every minute and really enjoyed being with these adorable girls.
I am so thrilled that they are all excited about sewing and creating their own stylish outfits and accessories.
They just couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces!!!
The Divas all want to know when the next camp is! I guess Jennie and I better get planning for DDSCC part 2...
What has my daughter gotten me into?









6 comments:

suzanne said...

you are unbelievable!! WHERE do you get the energy!! i want to come to your camp.

Janae' said...

Sign me up please!!! I want one of those aprons. And well, one of the headbands. I'll need a handbag to carry them in. And believe me. NOBODY want me walking around in my birthday suit-so I'll need a cute skirt and anthropologies shirt.

Too Cute!!!

Allison Barnes said...

I want to come too! I LOVE what they made!! So cute!!

The Lords said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Abby had the best time. She is completely hooked on sewing. I drove up yesterday and there was Miranda, Raelyn and Abby with their sewing machines set up ready to sew. YIKES I am not you, but we did have fun sewing together. Thank you for getting her excited about a dieing art. You are wonderful!

Elder Jake Zebe said...

Looks like lots of fun! That was great that you saw Billy, Jake, Tia and Jada at the mall! Wish I was there!

email and phone numbers said...

that was the cutest idea ever! Jenny is amazing... YOU are amazing! how fun!