July 27, 2009

Sewing Lessons


For Taylor's birthday we gave her a beginner sewing machine and lessons from Grama. She called first thing this morning wondering when her first lesson would be. I went right over (I know, I am a pushover) and picked her up and off to the fabric store we went. Her first project was some pajama pants...she is already a pro. She was a great student and we had a fun day sewing. I think Amy was a little bit jealous and wants to know when her turn is... I am very embarrased to say that I never took the time to just sit down and teach my girls how to sew. That is downright shameful! I was always in too big of a hurry to just get it done. (what a lousy excuse) Well, thank goodness it is never to late and so I will be teaching any of them who want to learn any time they want to do it.
Just call Taylor and she will schedule the appointments...ha ha!

Now those are some cute P.J.'s

7 comments:

The Lords said...

PLEASE call abby when you do another lesson. She loved her sewing lessons in Salt Lake, but I am afraid she knows as much as I know. I would be zero help. You are such an awesome grandma---friend and neighbor.

Allison Barnes said...

So cute!! That is great that she wants to learn!

Jena said...

Fantastic!! I never really learned how to sew either...just a few classes in junior high. I've always done much better doing it by hand. In my house, there are 6 panes of curtains hanging on the windows that are pinned up and ready to be hemmed, but I'm too chicken to do it!

t said...

can i take lessons too? i will drive down from provo for them!

Grama Linda said...

Of course you can ...anytime!

susan bunker said...

i think taylor is a lot like her grama linda! both beautiful, both happy, and both talented! you are a grama inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

hi grama its me taylor I just love my P.J.s
go check out my blog as soon as you can
taylorslade.blogspot.com