July 13, 2009

Photo Shoot



Jennie named Amy "Roonie" when she was little and it has stuck all these years. Jen can't remember exactly why she named her Roonie, she swears she wrote it down somewhere but has yet to find the missing paper. For the last couple of years as Taylor has become more and more like Amy in her personality (perfectionist, determined, talented, driven, funny, friendly etc.) we have called Taylor, Roonie Jr. Lately we have even shortened it to RS and RJ...Roonie Sr. and Roonie Jr. I know, we're weird! Jennie took RS and RJ for a photo shoot... She is such an amazingly talented photographer (I am so glad she is teaching the rest of us)....Aren't they great?!


Papa Jack is proud and so am I. I remember my dad teaching me all about photography and even going into his "Dark Room" in the shed and watching his very cool pictures develop in the funny smelling solution. I remember brides coming over for their bridal portraits and fun family pictures with a timer on the camera and Dad running to get into the picture. I remember Dad trying to teach me about shutter speed, lighting, f-stop etc. I can also remember having to be very careful with the film and to try to not waste any precious film on silly pictures or ones not taken with precision. I think digital is so much better! (never did I think I would say that.) I love being able to take as many pictures as I want and then just erase what I don't want...very cool. (even though I have to admit I was about the last person on earth to convert to digital. I just thought my 35mm film camera took better pics. I think was just stubborn!) I really do love pictures and I love the memories I can almost feel when I look back at the photographs that have captured some of my favorite memories. So, I am very happy that my girls are continuing the tradition of picture taking and passing me and Papa Jack by with their talent and skill...keep it up girls.

While I have always taken lots of pictures, I have never been very good at putting them into albums. So, I just finished putting a years worth of my blog into a book on Blurb... It should be delivered soon. I am so excited...I"ll let you know how it turns out. (Pictures and a little bit of journaling in a bound book is much better than pictures in a box in the basement and journaling twice a year!)

No comments: