May 25, 2009

Where do I begin?



I want to get back to all things normal... I am just not sure where to begin. Last Monday after getting a phone call from Ally that she had reached Taiwan safely and was with Amy, I picked up the phone and excitedly called my mom. Then I hung up the phone and cried for a long time... as I realized I won't be able to talk to my mom and call her every day like I have for as long as I can remember. Oh, I miss her so much it hurts.


I have tried to turn my tears to happy tears as I remember and am so grateful for all of the wonderful years we had Mom here on earth and the promise of a joyful eternal reunion someday. I believe His promises are sure.

Thank You, Thank You to our wonderful relatives, neighbors, friends & our ward family... Thank you for all of the prayers, cards, food, phone calls & sweet condolences. Thank you for coming to the funerals and for your love and support for our family. We love you!



I have come to understand the pain of losing a loved one... in a way that I never completely understood before. I have also felt the peace the Savior brings and His love surround me like I have never experienced before.
I love my family. I don't ever want to be without them...
I am beyond grateful that families are forever. We have all become closer and I cherish the love we share. A card we received said, "A mother's hug lasts long after she lets go" I can still feel my mom's warm hugs and her kisses and her love pats and I hear her laugh and I can here her say, "Where have you been?" "Come here little girl!" "Be happy, enjoy life, take care of Dad... I love you, & we'll be together soon. Now get busy!"

I love you too Mom...I promise, I'll do my best.


*****************************************

Thanks to Dodd and Zan, Allyn and I just got back from five days at the beach. It was fabulous! And definitely the medicine we needed. We slept in, read books at the beach, swam in a heated pool overlooking the ocean, enjoyed the spa every night, played Chineese Checkers (I am still the champion) watched a lot of NBA Basketball (Go Lakers...that's for you Mom) , went only to restaurants that we had never eaten at before (Pasta Pronto was my favorite!), talked about our wonderful moms and sweet special memories, & took long walks...
I love the beach! There is something magical and healing about the ocean.


*****************************************

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Amy and Allyson in Thailand...
Defining Amy and The Blue Eyed American Bulldozer in Thailand and Taiwan...Now that makes me smile!

5 comments:

RayRay said...

i love you mama schlauder. I've been thinking of you lots. The ocean really does have healing power and i'm so glad you got to partake of it.

Kathy's Boys said...

Your posts always make me cry. You are so sweet and such a great example of everything...(...too many to mention) that I want to be like. I hope the rest of this year is easier on you.

Allison Barnes said...

I am so glad you were able to get away! There is nothing better than getting away to the beach with your husband! Glad you had a great time. I hope life is quiet for a while!

Unknown said...

It was an honor to attend your mother's funeral. You and your family did such a wonderful job of memorializing the beautiful life and lessons of the woman you called Mom. Time changes things, but never dulls the love and desire to share our thoughts and hearts with loved ones that have left us.

Glad you got some healing time with your eternal companion at the beach. It was well deserved time for the both of you!

Love you!

susan bunker said...

what a sweet post! i'm so glad to see the pictures and hear all that has been going on of late! the girls look happy, the beach looked heavenly, and the sweet remembrances of your mother were priceless! i hope you can keep healing, let's do lunch!