May 5, 2009

From this life to the next...



Allyn's wonderful mother, who we affectionately call Grandma S passed away today. While we thought we were somewhat prepared for this time to come, as she has been struggling lately and is 90 years old... we really were not at all ready for that phone call early this morning. The tears flowed freely and together we hugged and mourned her loss. I don't think it matters how old your loved one is, when they pass from this life to the next there is a sense of loss that is almost tangible. Our spirits were lifted though as we thought of her joyful reunion with Grandpa S, her sisters and parents. All she really wanted for a long time now was to "go home and be with Dad"...Oh thank goodness families really are forever...and yes, I have sure said that an awfully lot lately.

A few favorite things about my dear mother in law...
1. Her deep faith in God and exactness in following what she believed
2. Her fun sense of humor
3. The way she adored her son and was always so proud of him
4. The way she has always loved each one of us
5. Her perfect always immaculate home
6. Her Apple Slices and Apple Pie...she tried to teach me, but mine were never as good!
7. Christmas Eve with her and Dad every year
8. Her example of selfless service and sacrifice
9. Her joy in simple things
10. The twinkle in her eyes when she would smile

We love you and we will miss you so...




6 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

I am happy she is back with her dear husband. But loss is always so hard. It sounds like she was a wonderful lady. She had to have been to have such a wonderful son.

RayRay said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I never met her, but I love her for the influence she has had on my dearest friends, you. Your family is in my prayers. Much love, Rachel

Rohan Shearer said...

Allyn and Linda - so sorry about your loss. I remember her as being so kind to let me stay with her while I was transitioning to Vegas. She even took me out to dinner at her favorite restaurant. What a wonderful woman and example of Christ-like living.

susan bunker said...

what a sweet tribute for a dear, sweet mother! isn't it comforting to know you will see her again? still hard, but still a comfort...

Kathy's Boys said...

Just want you guys to know we're thinking about you and we love you. It was sweet that she said she just wanted to go home and be with dad, and now she is.

email and phone numbers said...

beautiful tribute linda...she looks so happy there with your family! i bet you all have some GREAT memories with her!