January 28, 2009

Pinewood Derby



Tonight was our first ever Pinewood Derby! Kaden was so excited... he talked his dad into letting him leave football practice early so he could get to the derby. He got there just in time for the races to begin. Each car was raced on each of the tracks and then the combined times of all the races were tallied. There were about twenty kids there... all the cars were so cool. Everyone received an award of some kind and then the top three were announced. Hunter came in third. Bridger came in first... & Kaden came in second (he missed first by 1,000 of a second!) ~ They each got trophies and you couldn't wipe the smiles off of their faces...it was awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world of boys, scouts, and pinewood derby cars! It took until our 12th car and 4th son to finally have a 1st place winner... Kaden did super!
Love you all,
Lisa and crew

email and phone numbers said...

you GO Kaden! those pinewood derby trophies are hard faught treasures!

Ally Kay said...

I do love that pinewood derby mobile. It supported me in 2 years of single's ward derbies. Its about time it got an award. Casey Hodson always beat me with it before. It's ironic how the Hodson's cars always seem to take the lead. But I love it. Go Kaden!!

Kathy's Boys said...

Love the pictures. Can I steal a couple with Crew in it off of your blog?! Would you believe that was my first Pinewood Derby and I'm on my 4th boy! My other boys never did it for some reason. Crew loved it too. You are such a good Grandma!