January 26, 2009

Mediterranean to the Eastern Pacific


Amy and Allyson are continuing to have amazing experiences on different sides of the world. I love being able to see them (via the computer) and talk to them so often. I don't know how you missionary moms do it!

Ally called at 3am the other night. This is the conversation:
Ally: Hi Mom!
Me: Ummm Hi...(not sure which daughter is calling)
Ally: Hey, It's me Ally! Sorry, I forgot it is 3 in the morning there...Oops!
Me: Is everything OK? (freak out a little)
Ally: Oh yea, everything is great! We are in a little town called Valencia. I just was wondering if you would like a $50.00 nativity set I just saw?
Me: Oh Ally that is is so sweet of you... but you save your money and buy something just for you.
Ally: Are you sure?
Me: Yea, that's Ok... I love you and I miss you tons!!! Call me at 11am tomorrow!!
Ally: OK I'll call you when we get back tomorrow... Love You

The next morning Ally did call at 11am and told me about their little weekend trip to Valencia (which is 6 hours away) and how they went to this one and only porcelain factory in the whole world.... where they make Lladro.
Lladro!!!! I suddenly went very pale and asked if it was a porcelain Lladro nativity set for $50.00!!%%%!!!##*** that she was so sweetly going to buy me?
She said ..."yes...and I called because I knew you would have really liked it"... I said... "You forgot to mention that it was Lladro!!!" Ally: "Oooops!"
Oh well, she was thinking of me, and it's the thought that counts, right?!

Amy is in the middle of Chinese New Year in Taiwan. Fireworks, food, parties and everything shuts down. They have a week off from teaching school, so they are doing a lot of biking and sight seeing. She is becoming quite attached to her only form of transportation...her bicycle!

They celebrated Chinese New Year at their Branch President's house. They had to eat something long, slimy and green. They were told if they ate it all at once, slurrping it in and not chewing it into little pieces, they would have a very long life... as long as President Hinckley's.
She saw this guy on the street in full costume and ran up for a picture with him.


1 comment:

Kathy's Boys said...

HOW FUN!! That is neat that they can have all of these great times before they settle down and start having more darling grandbabies for you! Tell them both Hello