August 26, 2008

Kaden is Eight!








Happy Birthday K-da-man!!! We all love you sooooo much. You have blessed our lives and brought so much joy and happiness. Grampa Al and I are so lucky to have you as our special little man. You had a great birthday today starting with yummy peanut butter cookies to share with your class...they are your very favorite! Then shopping for the latest Mario Slugger video game...Everything was going great until right before we were ready to leave for your family birthday party at the park. You put your shoe on and started screaming because a stupid scorpion stung you!!!! We hate scorpions! When you were four you got stung on your foot and had a terrible reaction and spent four days in ICU so needless to say Grampa and I were really concerned... actually I almost freaked out!... Grampa immediately gave you a special blessing and prayer and I know you were protected. I felt calm too. I know it hurt really bad, but you were so brave...your whole leg started to go numb, but soon it all went away. We called everyone and they all came to our house instead of the park and pretty soon you were running around and happy as can be. I am so grateful for prayer, for tender mercies and we are all so grateful for you!
Happy Birthday Kaden...You are the most awesome eight year old boy in the world and WE LOVE YOU!
(I told Kaden he could have anything he wanted for breakfast...homemade waffles, french toast with whip cream and strawberries, eggs and bacon etc. He said "I think two Eggos with a candle on top will be perfect." I think he was just trying to make it easy on me.(And I sure appreciate it!)

5 comments:

Rohan Shearer said...

Happy Birthday Kaden! You are lucky to have such great grandparents! The waffles with a candle is a great idea!

Allison Barnes said...

happy birthday Kaden! I am so glad you are Ok after the bite! That would have been terrible to spend your birthday in the hospital!

Kathy's Boys said...

Kaden is such a great kid!! We loved having on our baseball team and getting to know him better. I can't believe you had another scorpion bite in that neighborhood. I've heard it is sooo hard to get rid of them. Glad he is all right

Melody B. said...

8 already? I remember the time he was stung by a scorpion and was in the hospital for over a week! I can't believe that much time has already gone by.

susan bunker said...

i really can't believe he got STUNG again! oh. my. goodness. you must have been freaking out!!!