January 8, 2012

Leah's Funeral

As I have thought about Leah's funeral over the last month, such sweet peace comes to my heart. Gratitude overwhelms me as I think about her, and the many wonderful memories. We are so blessed to be her parents. 
When we gathered as a family to plan the program for the funeral, it was really pretty amazing as it just came together so quickly. We knew right away that we would all speak. We knew who would sing. And we knew with out question that we were being blessed, lifted and guided. So many dear friends and family dropped everything at such a busy time, to help and to be there for us. Words can't begin to express our love and gratitude. It was a sweet day as we shared experiences, stories and love for our Leah. We could never have made it through that day, the days that followed or the days ahead, without our belief in Jesus Christ, our testimony of His Gospel, and our knowledge that we will all be together forever someday. We believe in the Plan of Salvation. We believe we will live as families forever because of the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. 
I love my Savior. I love my family. I love all of our dear friends. I am so grateful.

No comments: