November 11, 2011

Mission Visit... part 2

The Howard family spoiled us with a huge, delicious lunch complete with homemade apple pie for dessert. They just took their son Jonathan to the MTC to begin his mission to Tijuana, Mexico. They were so sweet to us and are such a wonderful family.
Ally had to pray that I could fit more food in because we went to dinner at the Sevey's just a couple of hours later. Oh my goodness they know how to eat in Texas!!
 That was Sister Crandall's (on the left) very first day in Houston. She is such a darling missionary. She came from New York where her dad is an instructor at West Point. And when Sister Roberts and Sister Schlauder stood right next to each other, I could see why everyone thought that they were sisters!
 Sister Sevey is such an amazing cook...there was no way I was going to miss out on that good cookin'! (I really am grateful for Ally's prayer because I was able to fit in more food, when I thought that there was no way that I could.) The Sevey's are so awesome...we felt like best friends after spending just a couple of hours with them.
The Sevey's neighbors, Jernianica and Nessa, who Ally and her companion taught...love them. 
 Leesa, Peri and Grandma C. at the Houston Temple. What a great night. 
Ally and Sister Pincock re-united again...
 Dick and Mei Hsiang are so amazing...they fed us a delicious lunch and we loved hearing their wonderful stories. They just put in their papers to serve their 3rd mission!

I always heard that everything is bigger in Texas...well, after going to a high school football game, I believe it!!!! Jumbo tron, band as big as a college, dance teams with about 50 girls (all beautiful!!) etc. etc. 
This pic is of the visitors side...you should see the media facilities on the home side! We had so much fun!!
Sister Condiff was one of the photographers at the game and she had us come down on the field for a picture. 
She also spoiled us with lots and lots of goodies! Hot Chocolate. Nachos. Popcorn...Etc.Oh.My.

No comments: