July 11, 2011

MM73


The 5th Ward Bishopric about 1960
Jack Huntington, Fred Ficklin and Kendall Jones

These three wonderful men have remained friends throughout their lives. And their friendship has impacted all of our lives. Last Monday Fred Ficklin, whom I have always lovingly called Uncle Fred, passed away. We were able to go to the funeral and be with the wonderful Ficklin family, who I have always felt like I was a part of, and will love forever. They are amazing.
My heart is filled with gratitude for the Plan of Salvation and knowing that we will be with "Uncle Fred" and all of our loved ones again someday.
My dad and I were driving home after the funeral and I looked at my phone and Aunt LaRae was calling. I couldn't believe it. She called just to tell us how much she loved us and how grateful she was that we came. Aunt LaRae is one of the most Christ-like people I have ever known. Oh, I love her. She and mom were the very best of friends...for over 55 years.

No comments: