March 29, 2011

Dancers Making A Difference


Last night Taylor danced for a wonderful cause, Rising Star Outreach. It was a great night of fabulous dancing...a couple of dancers from New York even flew in to dance. All of the proceeds from the tickets sold will go to Rising Star to benefit people living in leprosy colonies in India and their beautiful children. I got really teary eyed more than once as we saw a video of the precious Indian people, who are suffering and in need.
Becky Douglas is the founder of Rising Star. Becky and her husband have 10 children.
One day, after visiting India in 2000 and seeing all of the beggars with leprosy, Becky called some of her friends over, and as they sat at her kitchen table she said, "We have to do something." And do something they did! They began this great organization. It is amazing to see the schools and job opportunities in leprosy colonies in 4 different states in India... that all began with good people wanting to make a difference.

Becky Douglas...a real life hero and our beautiful Taylor, who is growing up far to quickly!
It was a privilege to be there last night...I haven't stopped thinking about it.
I want to go to India with my family someday. I want to be taught by them. I want to wash their feet, care for their wounds and hold their beautiful children. Today I'm counting my blessings.



I just found this amazing video from the Rising Star website...

No comments: