August 30, 2010

MM30

Gotta love the "Back to School" photos. So many memories...
Amy boarding the bus in 1992 and Jennie and Leah in 1986 (Amber's already on the bus)

Amber and Jennie in 1983 Check out those cool retro lunchboxes and clear plastic school bags...
Oh, and Jennie's "Thriller" shirt.

Leah had a picnic out front while waiting for Amber and Jennie to get home from school.

Amy and Leah looked so cute... Leah was very excited about wearing her new "Hypercolor" pink and purple shirt for her first day of school. It changed colors. Pink when it was cool and purple when it was hot. She was not at all happy after school... all day long her shirt was purple in places (like under her arms). She was mortified!!
Needless to say, she never wore that shirt again!

Jennie's bangs took a while to get just right every morning. And check out the "Units" outfit.
Oh wow, with matching socks and shoes.
Jennie is standing with her favorite principal, Mr. Roger Bryan in yet another homemade Units outfit.

Amy's first day of Kindergarten...she even has the band-aid from her immunization shot.
Ally was not happy that she didn't get to go to the "big school" too.


Amy and Allyson didn't exactly match...they just coordinated really well. I hope they have forgiven me by now.
But hey, they were really cute!


Now this is a really old one. Try to guess which one my mom is...

Suzanne guessed right. Mom is on the front row with the bow (of course).

5 comments:

the heiner family said...

Back row...2nd from the right is my guess...?
I loved looking at all of these pictures! Do you still picture your kids in your head like this? I do! I sure miss those days!

Grama Linda said...

Nope...Try again Kristy.
And yes, I still do picture them like that, and I miss those days a lot!
Love You!

suzanne said...

is your mom on the front row with the bow? what a cool picture!!

i love all of those first day pictures. i had that same hypercolor t-shirt and the SAME thing happened to me. i'm just glad i figured it out BEFORE i wore it to school.

Grama Linda said...

YES!! Suzanne you got it right. And the bows have been happening in our family ever since.
Mom was so pretty ...with those beautiful brown eyes.

JENNIE! said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love my pink nikes... thanks for always making us look so cute mom!