March 15, 2010

MM 7


This picture was taken by my dad 34 years ago tomorrow. I wonder how my mom was really feeling...
what she was thinking that day.
Mom was not the best journal keeper, in fact we only have about ten pages total. Oh, how I wish we had more. I am grateful that Dad was a major picture taker. And even though it drove us all crazy at the time,
the memories the pictures bring are priceless.
We were at my Aunt LaRae's and Uncle Fred's house in Taylorsville, Utah in Kaye's bedroom when this picture was taken. Allyn and I were sealed together forever in the Salt Lake Temple that morning, March 16, 1976. I remember walking to the Beehive House for a big luncheon right after. There was still a little snow on the ground and it was chilly outside. The birds were singing and I thought it was the most beautiful day ever.
I remember that my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
We had a small open house at the Ficklin's that night because I had spent every summer there since I was young and had come to know and love the people in their neighborhood and ward. Aunt LaRae and Uncle Fred are my second mom and dad and Kaye is my big sister in every way. I love them.
We had a wonderful time that night with people that we love and cherish.

This is one of my very favorite pictures. I can remember sitting at Kaye's vanity, getting ready for the open house, having mom fuss and fix my veil and tell me that I looked beautiful. I remember she kissed me on the cheek and told me that she couldn't be any happier or prouder. She told me how much she loved me. We laughed and we cried.
I can hardly believe that it was 34 years ago.

5 comments:

email and phone numbers said...

i love this picture! & how is it that you STILL look just like that? i don't think you've aged even a little!! congrats on the 34years. I can't decide who's luckier, you or allyn! you're both pretty awesome!

love ALL you memory monday pics! & cant get over how much you look like jenny next to your white bug!

susan bunker said...

linda- that is the best picture ever! you both are so beautiful! and what vivd memories...i'm sure you can still hear her voice. sweet!

Kathy's Boys said...

I agree with Jan and Susan. You looked and still look as beautiful as ever. I loved your lesson on Sunday. I don't know how you do it with a smile on your face the whole way through. Thanks for being such a great example to us all. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room and I've thought a lot about your lesson ever since. Happy Anniversary to you two. Maui??!! Didn't you do that on your 30th? That was so fun running into you guys there. And dinner at our favorite place in Hawaii! Time for another trip

kristenita said...

I love this post! It has inspired me to continue annoying everyone all the time by taking so many pictures all the time. Moments frozen are so sweet when you look back on them & remember.
Gorgeous picture & you don't look a day older now than that picture 34yrs ago. Seriously!!

suzanne said...

happy anniversary! this picture really is priceless... and i need to keep a better journal for my kids. love you.