October 22, 2009

Halloween Memories


I've been looking through some old pictures...I. take. a. lot. of. pictures. I am just not very good at putting them into albums and keeping them in order. Not good at all. When I came across some of these old Halloween pictures I had to smile. What great times we had...what wonderful memories.
I love how so many of the costumes got recycled and used over and over again...
I think I still have most of them in the costume box in the basement!
Happy Halloween...

Amy's the pumpkin, Leah & cousin Kristin were "cave women" and Jennie was a "Genie" (her favorite costume of all time!) Amy won the costume contest that year (1987)...Jennie was afraid she was going to walk right off of the stage! Ally wore the same pumpkin costume a three years later...



Aunt Lisa and Amber in 1979...classic

Leah with Amy 1989...Kaden in 2009 all in the same clown costume!!!



Check out Jennie as a princess in 1984 (that's where Kate gets her love of princesses from!) & as a bunny in 1979... and Taylor as a bunny in 2001 (Kaden is the pumpkin)...


That Snow White costume is still hanging around...Kate came over last Saturday wearing it!

AAAHHHRRRRRRR MATEY!!!


Amber in the classic poodle skirt in 1988 and Amy in the same skirt in 1996

Leah and Caleb in 2005

Olivia, Caleb and Kate in 2008

Halloween 2006

Kaden (vampire), Taylor (rock star), Jackson (cowboy) and Kate ("Cindellela") in 2007

Last year at our annual Pumpkin Patch Family Night...

3 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

you are so talented! I bet you made each one of those costumes!!

Those are some fun memories! Thanks for sharing! its fun to see your kids little, since we weren't here back then.

the heiner family said...

Danny came across your blog and told me I had to check it out...I miss those good old times as a cave woman with Leah! You were always the best costume maker! Whiney was actually wearing the necklace from that costume the other day when I got out all of our costume stuff...now I can show her how a real cave woman wore it!
Glad to see your family is doing so well! Hopefully I will run into you sometime when I am in Vegas!

Brett, Azurdee, and Our Two Miracles said...

It's been awhile since I've checked out your blog! Love all of the pics. You're so lucky to have your family so close. Leah looks JUST like Livvy in those old pictures. I can't believe it! Love seeing pictures of Leah!