September 12, 2009

Beautiful Baptism Dress for a Beautiful Girl

A couple of weeks ago I got a call from one of Jennie's good friends. Trisha was in quite a bind because the dress that she had ordered for her daughter Karlie for her baptism was way too big and too expensive and difficult to have altered ...so she asked me if I would be interested in making Karlie one. I told her that I would love to... and then I thought about it...this was my first job sewing a dress and I was very nervous!!! Yikes!!~ The fabric was silk taffeta...& that in its self made me nervous! Karlie is very thin and tall (she is absolutely adorable!... I think a gunny sack would have looked beautiful on her!) But, a regular pattern wasn't going to work, so I had to adjust one to work. I started Monday evening and Wednesday night Trisha brought Karlie over to try it on. The look on Karlie's face when she put it on was priceless. I got goose bumps looking at her and seeing how excited she was.
The dress fit her like a glove and she looked like a princess!

Doesn't Karlie look beautiful?!!! She is soooo cute!
You know what's really crazy... I remember when Trisha (Karlie's mom) was 8 years old and getting baptized!

3 comments:

defining amy said...

i have one talented mama!!

Allison Barnes said...

you are so talented!!!!!! It is beautiful!!

The Lords said...

The dress is beautiful! You continue to amaze me!!