September 4, 2008

Ouch!


So, when we were at the beach a couple of weeks ago I was going down the stairs...the very long stairs, to the beach on our last day there. My arms were filled with a beach chair, umbrella, small cooler, toys for the kids, a backpack and of course my camera... when I reached the very last step, I stood on what I thought were wood planks... only one was missing, which I didn't see because of all of the stuff I was carrying... so I rolled my foot, screamed a little, dropped all of the stuff, & breathed in deeply while trying not to scream again! It really, really hurt...but hey, we were at the beach and I was not going to let my clutziness stop me from enjoying precious beach time...so I just kept on going (even though I am sure my family was tired of hearing me complain about how bad my foot hurt!) In stead of getting better it seemed to be hurting worse so I finally went to the doctor yesterday... and I have a stress fracture on the outside bone of my foot... So, I have to wear this lovely boot for three weeks! At least I know why it was hurting so much and hopefully in three weeks it will be as good as new! I am just grateful it wasn't worse and at least I don't have to use crutches!!!

Here are some cute pictures from last week and Kaden's first day of school...he is a big second grader now!

A few of us "mom's" went to Mimi's for breakfast to celebrate school being back in...YEA!!!!

6 comments:

susan bunker said...

Linda - how do you just ignore a stress fracture? YIKES!!! Luckily you have pretty feet and some pretty toes to go along with that boot :). I know you are VERY happy to have school going again! Breakfast looks like it was fun! Take care! Let me know if you need anything!

Rohan Shearer said...

That looks painful just looking at the boot! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Jena said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your foot heals quickly, Aunt Linda!

Allison Barnes said...

Big bummer! I hope it heals fast! take advantage of some down time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful feet and lovely toes!

With all your activities, will you finally be able to put your feet up and rest? Tell the fam to bring you some bon-bons so you can "celebrate" this unique situation.

Hope you you have a quick recovery.

We love you always!

Kathy's Boys said...

So sorry to hear about your foot. And sorry that Crew missed Kadens Party. We had all of the family over that day swimming too, and Crew didn't want to leave, but he wanted to go to the party too! We will have to have Kaden over to play sometime.