September 18, 2008

Happiness is your family...

While I was cleaning out a drawer I found a disk that my dad had made for me years ago.

These disks are something that my dad has been making for over sixty years...all the kids at the original Las Vegas High School would come to my dad's old jewelery store on Fremont Street and order one for themselves or their friends. People are still ordering them... Even now, I'll see random people wearing my dad's hand engraved disks and I'll think, "Wow, My dad made that!"
Well, this disk that I found while cleaning has my name on the front all fancy in my dad's one of a kind beautiful hand engraving, and on the back it says,
"Happiness is your family..."
I put it on right away and I have been really thinking about that quote a lot this week.
Just as all of you love your families...I love my family. Each and every member. We are not perfect... definitely not perfect. We have many ups and downs, happy times and very sad times, good memories and not so good ones, joys beyond compare and heartaches too, but through it all, the thread of love is woven through our eclectic family fabric. That endless love, that love without limits for my forever family brings me great happiness.

Caleb is doing so much better this week. His smile lights up the room!



Jennie, Amy and I took Olivia and Kate to the Springs Preserve. It is such a cool place!

Kaden's first day of Cub Scouts! He said, "This is the best day ever!!!"

Can you believe how big Levi is getting?! He is 14lbs. already!

Kaden and Olivia all ready for church
Jackson is such a stud soccer player!

Aunt Ally and Aunt Amy with the kiddos...

5 comments:

susan bunker said...

really wonderful thought...and it's on a beautiful necklace that your very own father made for you! i love it! great pictures and updates on everyone. truly, "happiness is your family" and "your family keeps you very busy" (:, right?

Allison Barnes said...

what a beautiful necklace! How neat that your dad is so talented! and what a perfect saying. It's so true.

Thanks for sharing al the photo's. Your kids and grandkids are so cute!! Glad to see Caleb is doing good.

House of Joy said...

Love what you wrote about your family. You set a wonderful example for all of us.

We will keep Caleb in our prayers.

Kathy's Boys said...

I have one of your dads heart discs and I love it.
Mine says "from the 4 boys in your life" (because
I hadn't had Crew yet, so now it should say 5!) It is something I notice whenever I see them on others too!
It's a nice trademark of Huntington Jewelers! Love Ya!

email and phone numbers said...

everytime I see someone wearing an engraved disc, I just asume that your Dad made it! What a great legacy. Your family is so darling! Love all the pics - thanks for sharing.