July 31, 2008

Sweet Angel Maddie


Our dear friends for over twenty years lost their beautiful granddaughter to a tragic drowning accident last Sunday. My heart aches and the tears just won't stop for Lon and Tammy and their daughter Marlo, her husband Jordan (Maddie's wonderful parents)and their whole family. Lon and Tammy's daughter Brittney, who is serving a mission in Albania, has been Amy's best friend since they were three years old. We have known all of their kids since they were toddlers themselves... we love this family. Amy and I went to visit them yesterday and as we spent time with them we could truly feel the gift of healing and peace. We could feel Heavenly Father's loving arms around them lifting them up during this tragic time of such deep sorrow. They shared with us their amazing testimony of the Atonement, their love of the Savior and the promise of forever families. They know that they will be with their sweet angel Maddie again.
Maddie has made me want to be a better person, love more, give more, and live my life with more goodness and gratitude. This little angel has brought me closer to my Savior.
I am so grateful that I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation. I know that we will be with our loved ones eternally and I know that Maddie is happy, well, and in the loving arms of our Father in Heaven and His Son.
Here is a link to Marlo and Jordan's blog... They are an amazing family.
http://www.mwalburger3.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

GKaye said...

thanks for sharing this story and we will pray for Maddy's family and for the comforting spirit to continue to be with them. GKaye

Kelsi Thoman Peterson said...

Gosh this is heartbreaking. My mom's neighbor back in Vegas, her little girl drowned too, about the same age, and that is why she retired earlier and now lives closer to her grandkids- to not miss a moment. I could never imagine going through something like that, and even more without the gospel and the things we know. I don't know this family but my heart goes out to them.