April 3, 2008

R.S. Birthday

Yesterday our ward had a delicious dinner and birthday celebration for the Relief Society. It was fun to be able to visit with friends that I sometimes only see for a few minutes on Sundays.
I was asked to participate in a program about the "Ten Virgins". As I worked on my part over the last few weeks, I found myself wishing that I was really like the wise virgin whose part I had, instead of a little too much like the foolish virgins in the parable. I've made a new promise to myself to try harder, work better, choose wiser, serve more and be more loving and kind...
I am grateful for programs in the church like the Relief Society, where we can come together and support, lift and love each other, knowing that none of us are perfect and that we all need help and friendship as we face each day in this crazy world of ours so that we can all be "prepared" when He comes again.

6 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

You did a great job last night! It was a wonderful program. And I would say that you fit your part perfectly and you aren't at all like the unwise virgins! You are someone we all look up to!

susan bunker said...

beautifully said!!! i sat there wondering why i related more to the five foolish virgins myself...it was really nice to be reminded that we need to constantly be adding "oil"! you were wonderful, as i expected :) love you!!!

suzanne said...

linda, not only were you perfectly cast... your voice is perfect. you should really think about doing voice overs for disney... you sound just like a princess.

Kathy's Boys said...

You were perfect for the part! But that doesn't mean Suzanne was perfect for her part,(From what she wrote on here) even though she did do her part
perfectly!!! You both are women I admire. Linda
you are the sweetest most Christlike person I know.
Thanks for your great example. Love ya

Kathy's Boys said...

You were perfect for the part! But that doesn't mean Suzanne was perfect for her part,(From what she wrote on here) even though she did do her part
perfectly!!! You both are women I admire. Linda
you are the sweetest most Christlike person I know.
Thanks for your great example. Love ya

Grama Linda said...

You guys are all way too good to me... You are such dear, dear friends. Every time I have a down day or I'm feeling a little discouraged, I'll come back and read these.
Love You!!