May 13, 2012

Hapy Mother's Day

 This picture was taken last August on Dad's 85th birthday...

When I walked into church today and sat by my wonderful dad, the first thing he did was take my hand and kiss it and say, "Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful daughter, I love you." And then he got a little teary and said, "I miss your mom so much," and I said, "I know Dad, I miss her too." 
I can hardly believe that it has been three Mother's Days since our sweet mothers passed away. Mother's Days just aren't quite the same any more.  I think that the best way to honor our mothers is to be kind, loving and live good, happy lives...teaching, giving, sharing and trying to be all they hoped we would be. My mom was the best mom ever. She always made dark days brighter and made every happy day even happier. I'm so lucky to be her daughter.
And I miss Allyn's mother and her wonderful advice and constant love. She was amazing.
Mother's Day also makes me wish I had been a better mom. OK there... I said it, because that's really the way I've been feeling today. But when I stop the feeling blue and sad stuff, I realize how blessed and grateful I am. I love my girls...each one of them. I'm so grateful for the lessons I've learned and the love & priceless experiences we have shared as a family. I'm so blessed to be a mom and a grandma. I miss my LeeLee.
My heart is filled with gratitude. Happy Mother's Day to all of you beautiful mothers out there.

 
Mom had a big drawer in her room where she saved all kinds pictures, cards and notes that we had given her throughout the years. We had only been married about three months when I wrote this note to her. 
I had just turned 20 years old...
 
I remember this day in about 1984 that I left this note and some soup for Mom and Dad...
  

No comments: