June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I know Father's Day is almost over, but I wanted to tell my dad how much I love him and that I am so lucky, blessed and grateful that he is my dad. Everyone used to say that he looked like Clark Gable... I think he is even more handsome! But more than that, he is such an amazing, wonderful dad and I love him with all my heart! I have always known that my dad absolutely loves me and would do anything for me and each of my brothers and my sister. He has always encouraged us and made us feel that we could do anything. He taught us all what it means to love the Lord and to love and serve others. He can recite more poetry than anyone I have ever met... and in spite of our complaining Dad, we all really do love to hear every single one of your amazing poems. I could go on and on and on... but just know this Dad...
I LOVE YOU!!!!!

My dad has always loved motorcycles and all six of us kids were riding with Dad from the time we were really young! We have some incredible, great memories of riding...
I even got to go all the way to the Indy 500 on the back of his BMW when I was 12 years old!

Dad has always adored, loved, and cared for our beautiful mother. The way he protects, loves and serves her now is such a great example of an eternal love that began over 63 years ago...


And Happy Father's Day to Allyn David! I love you my sweetheart. You are better than any dream I ever dreamed and I will love you forever...Thank you for being the greatest husband ever created, the best dad in the world to our girls, and the greatest Grampa Al in the universe! I LOVE YOU!!!


2 comments:

susan bunker said...

CUTE PICTURES!!! especially, granpa al and some of the grandkids! aren't we lucky?

Melody B. said...

WOW...your father really DOES look like Clark Gable!:)